The Portsmouth University Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Society is a student run society where people, independently from the degree they are studying and with interest in the field of AI can meet, learn and share ideas.
The most active STEM Society within the university with lectures, seminars and workshops. Within the society, we cover a wide range of industries from Industrial automation to financial services. Our aim is to educate and motivate the next generation of leaders in the field of AI.
What are the requirements to join the society?
- Interest to learn and develop your knowledge in AI.
Do I need to have any knowledge in AI to join the society?
- No. You can join the society with no knowledge about AI. We are here to learn.
Do I need to pay anything to join the society?
- It's completely free to join!
Do I need to study any specific degree to join the society?
- No. Our society is open to all degrees and backgrounds.
Do I need to know any programming lenguage?
- You won't need to know any programming lenguages for our normal sessions. However, for workshop sessions we recommend you to learn Python.
Can I contribute to the society?
- Yes, of course! We are open to suggestions for presentations or to be member of the committee. Just talk with a member of the committee team :)